Working in a Cross Functional Team
Team Launch Checklist
Questions to be addressed on how the team will work together
Part of the "Team Working Agreement Process"
Teams should develop a formal plan which answer the following questions:
- Who are the members of the team?
- What is the team's mission?
- What is the goal of the team?
- What are the primary deliverables of the team?
- What are the specific roles and duties of each team member?
- Will the team utilize sub-teams?
How will the sub-teams be structured?
How will sub-teams interact with primary teams?
Who are the final decision makers
What are the specific roles and duties of each sub-team member?
- How will any outsourcing be structured?
- What ground rules will the team use and enforce in team meetings?
Points of impasse?
Points of conflict?
Intra-team appreciation/thank you's?
Use of time?
Work/family schedule issues?
- What processes will the team use to:
Manage action items?
Document and track agreements?
Add new members of the team or change team members
- How will new priorities and action items be managed?
Incoming point of contact
Assimilated and delegated
- How will the team work with other teams?
Point of contact
Pass on work
Take on work
- What diversity factors are operating within the team or between teams?
- Does the team have the needed skills or resources?
- How will the team manage skill transfer/ acquisition of new skills
Does the team, or specific members, need coaching?
What training mechanisms will be in place
How will the team members have a chance to practice new skills?
- What expectations does the team have of:
Project Team Leader or Coordinator